One Man Attains the Dao
Chapter 775

An Update on My Situation and My Plan to Resume Posting Soon

745 words•2 min read•0 views
9d ago•

The birth really did take one twist after another.

Readers familiar with me probably know that the original due date was June 21. We even went to the hospital once, but because there were still no signs of labor, we had to go home. In the end, it was delayed until week 41, and we weren't admitted again until the 28th.

At the checkup on the 28th, the baby's mother had low amniotic fluid. The doctor recommended checking again that afternoon before deciding whether a C-section was needed. By then, the fluid had risen to nearly normal levels, so we decided to stay in the hospital for observation.

On the morning of the 29th, they started to induce labor. But as soon as they inserted the needle, my wife's uterine pressure reached 100, with only two to three minutes between contractions. The doctor immediately stopped the induction and removed the needle, saying the baby risked suffocation if they continued. The doctor took it as a sign that labor was about to begin. My wife was also afraid of surgery, so we decided to wait for a natural delivery.

Strangely, although my wife's cervix had softened, she felt no obvious pain. At around ten that night, fetal heart monitoring showed that the baby's heart rate was too fast and trending downward. The doctor considered it an emergency and decided on surgery right there. There wasn't even time for a discussion; I was handed a stack of forms to sign, completely catching me off guard.

Only afterward did we learn that the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby's leg, and the baby's biparietal diameter was too large (9.7). A natural delivery had no longer been possible. Thankfully, the doctors acted promptly and skillfully, so we got through the scare safely. My

End of Chapter
Prev
NovelSummaries
Next